- For the musaka:
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 tomato sauce
- 500 gr minced meat
- 1-2 tablespoon oil
- For the cover:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flour
This is the recipe for the traditional Bulgarian Food/Dinner Musaka (Мусака)
- Peal potatoes and cut them on cubes. Cut also onion, carrots in small pieces.
- Put oil in a saucepan and heat it. Add the onion and carrots. Fry it for 2-3 mins. Add potatoes and meat. Fry it while scramble everything. 3 mins later add tomatoes. Fry it not more than 5 more mins.
- Add salt, black pepper, red pepper (not hot), savory.
- Put this all in a preheated oven to 220 degrees and add a 1 or 2 glasses of water and bake it.
- Cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Make the cover as you scramble the eggs, add yogurt and then flour. Pour it over the potatoes and bake again for 10 mins or until golden brown.
Serve with a bowl of yogurt. Enjoy!