Windows 10 is out and the problems start. If you have a problem like me with not working touch pad, then try this simple solution. Also I like it cause you don’t need to install new programs, all you need to do is simple sittings.
I have a Toshiba laptop with ELAN touchpad. The problem that the new Windows creates is connected the driver of the touchpad. So what to do? Follow those steps:
1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”;
2. Locate and double-click the hardware device – in that case you have to left click twice “Mice and other pointing devices” (or click on the arrow next to the menu) and from the fall down menu you have to RIGHT click “ELAN input device” and select “Properties” ;
3. Open the Properties on the new window and select “Roll Back Driver” button;
4. You will be asked Are you sure you would like to roll back to the previously installed driver software?”, answer with Yes;
5. Restart Windows, in my case the Windows restarted itself.
Enjoy you new working touchpad!